- Split Sessions-Kalaheo Neighborhood Center (Kauai): We are averaging 30 players (or 60 each day). TTH, 8:30-10:30 (novice) and 10:30-12:30 (more advanced).
- March, 2016 Senior Olympics Tournament: We are FULL. 76 teams. We will take ten more registrations so that we can cover anyone dropping out for various reasons.
- Diamond Head Tennis Center has just finished the renovation of one pickleball court. New surface, new lines, continued new interest. Lots of mainland visitors!!!!
- Maui Pickleball: Mahalo to Cathy White, Maris van der Lee, and Laurie Loney for getting the pukaball rolling on Maui. They have approached the Maui Recreation Dept. Interest is keen.
- State of Hawaii Pickleball websites: www.kauaipickleball.shuttterfly.com konapickleballhui.weebly.com http://holuatennisandpickleballcenter.com Diamond Head Pickleball is on Facebook. Kailua Pukaball Ohana is also on Facebook.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Sunday, November 1, 2015
The second Demonstration Pickleball Clinic on Kauai's south side of the island was a big success, with 40 new, interested, players. A staff of 12 Kauai club players were also on hand to welcome the new players and guide them through a presentation that included rules, scoring, technique, strategy, and court positioning. State Ambassador Jack Hodges (a resident of Kauai) gave a brief introduction to the game and then turned the instruction over to club players. The clinic was sponsored by the Kauai Department of Parks and Recreation and was conducted at the Kalaheo Neighborhood Center Gym. Department staff on hand included Cindy Duterte, Melanie Okamoto and James Kealalio.